by Darcy Kammeier MS, RD, LDN April 23, 2021 4 min read
When it comes to the most important meal of the day, or as I like to call it “the best meal of the day”, we all have different routines.
Some may have time to cook a full spread, while others need something ready within just a few minutes that still fits their goals.
While breakfast food is the best type of food (it’s a statistical fact!), I want everyone to have a few great options to start their day off with a win, no matter the time restraint.
Here are 5 different options that are all quick, convenient, and simple!
Everyone I know likes a good ol' classic egg, meat, and cheese breakfast sandwich. Luckily, instead of stopping at a drive-thru, you can whip one up very quickly at home.
1 English Muffin
1 Slice Low-Fat Cheese
1. Toast the English Muffin
2. Cook eggs (pick your own desired style ... I prefer over-easy)
3. Place cheese and egg on English muffin
• Add ketchup or hot sauce (yes, ketchup goes on eggs)
• Jelly the English muffin before putting sandwich together
• Drizzle syrup onto the sandwich
• Throw on a slice or two of turkey bacon for extra protein
These are a fantastic option for the mornings when time is the issue. Basically, if you pre-make a batch of these and store them in the fridge, you can warm them up in seconds. You will have a delicious and well-balanced meal in minutes!
8 Whole Eggs
1 Cup Egg Whites
1/3 Cup of Peppers, Onions, and Mushrooms
2-3 slices Turkey Bacon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix together whole eggs and egg whites
3. Chop pepper, onions, mushrooms, and turkey bacon
4. Add veggies and meat to eggs
5. Evenly fill muffin tin with mixture (after spraying non-stick spray)
• Add hot sauce, salsa, or ketchup before eating
• Throw 1/4 slice of cheese on top when they first come out of the oven
• Drizzle syrup on the cups
This is the most convenient option when it comes to time and simplicity. It is effective as breakfast, but once you try it ... you may sneak it in as a snack throughout the day like I do! Plus, the versatility of being able to change flavors, toppings, etc. makes this a go-to for me.
1/2 cup Oatmeal
1 scoop Level-1
1/4 cup fruit
1. Cook oatmeal in the microwave
2. Stir in protein powder first, then fruit
3. That's it! It's quick, simple, convenient, and tasty!
• Stir in 1 tbsp of peanut butter when oatmeal is warm
• Add syrup after you mix in protein
• Throw in some unsweetened chocolate chips
This one is courtesy of Jenna Fail.
Let’s say you need something that you can just grab and go. That's where this recipe comes in. Obviously, you can sit down and eat it, but if your morning is chaotic, this is a delicious option to have ready in the fridge.
1/2 cup milk
1 scoop Ice Cream Sandwich Level-1
1/2 cup uncooked quick oats
1/3 cup mixed berries
1. Pour milk of choice into glass jar
2. Add Ice Cream Sandwich Level-1.
3. Mix in uncooked oats
4. Top with mixed berries and serve
Throw any of the following on top!
• 1 tbsp peanut butter
• Handful of unsweetened chocolate chips
• Whipped Cream (because we love ourselves)
• Sprinkle Coconut Flakes
Remember that blender you got/bought, that you were so excited to use for healthy smoothies? Well, it is time to break that bad boy out and put it to good use! This Berry Smoothie is so simple, yet so tasty, and will become a favorite for you in no time.
1 cup Almond Milk
1 cup Berries of choice
1 scoop Level-1
1/2 cup Ice Cubes
1. Add all ingredients into the blender. Start with liquid, followed by powder, and finish with ice!
2. Blend and Enjoy!
Protein: 26 g
Carbs: 21 g
Fats: 6 g
• Flax or Chia Seeds
• 1 small Banana
• 1/2 cup Pineapple
• 1 Tbsp Powdered Peanut Butter
• 1-2 Tbsp Sugar Free Pudding Mix
Any of these recipes are scalable, and can be adjusted based on your nutritional needs!
Being such a passionate breakfast lover ... these still give me that sense of enjoyment, while starting my day off with a win!
recipes recipe cooking
Darcy Kammeier is a Registered Dietitian, NASM Certified Nutrition Coach, NASM Certified Personal Trainer, and MyTransPHORMation Advisor at 1st Phorm.
Join to Get Exclusive Offers, News, and More!