I'm a huge fan of rich, chocolatey desserts. Aren't we all?
One of my favorites is German chocolate. Now, I'm not talking about the cake ... but I just love that chocolate coconut flavor.
That's why the minute I found this recipe for German chocolate cookies, I was excited to try it! Now, are these cookies necessarily the best for helping you reach your goals? No. Definitely not. Are they a better substitution for regular cookies? Of course!
The next time you're able to have a few extra calories or work a cheat meal into your plan ... you'll know these cookies are a delicious option available to you!
This recipe comes from Emily Frisella!
German Chocolate Cookies
Servings: 30 (1 Cookie = 1 Serving)
Prep Time: 30-35 Minutes
Bake Time: 7-9 Minutes
- 2 1/4 Cup of Almond Flour
- 1 Tsp of Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp of Baking Soda
- 1 Cup of Level-1 German Chocolate Cake
- 2 Tbsp of Cocoa Powder
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup of Raw Honey
- 1/2 Cup of Organic Butter
- 1/3 Cup of Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 Cup of Chopped Pecans
- 1/3 Cup of Coconut Flakes
1. Combine all the dry ingredients except for the chocolate chips, coconut, and pecans in a large mixing bowl and mix them until fully combined.
2. Combine all the wet ingredients in a separate mixing bowl and stir them until smooth.
3. Using a hand mixer, mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until well combined ... this is the dough.
4. Once the dough is ready, fold in the dark chocolate chips, coconut, and chopped pecans.
5. Put the bowl of dough in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
6. While the dough is in the refrigerator, preheat the oven to 350℉.
7. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and form 30 evenly-sized balls of dough to place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
8. Bake the cookies for about 7-9 minutes, monitoring them carefully. The bottoms will become a light golden brown, but the tops will not brown much at all.
9. Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes before placing on a cooling rack for another 5-10 minutes before serving.
Macros Per Serving:
Looking For More Recipes or Help?
If you're looking for more healthy recipes, nutrition tips, or anything else ... reach out to us! Our Customer Service team of NASM Certified Personal Trainers and Nutrition Coaches is happy to help ... all for free! Just give us a call at 1-800-409-9732 or send us an email at CustomerService@1stPhorm.com.