Admit it ... you love indulging on a tasty burrito bowl every now and then. Well, who said it had to be every now and then? With this chicken burrito bowl recipe, you can crush your health and fitness goals while also enjoying your favorite dish whenever you like.
I am a huge fan myself, and this recipe will surely be one you save and whip up time and time again.
Plus, you get 42 grams of protein in each serving! So, if you're struggling to meet your protein goal for the day, this could be your saving grace.
For the Bowl:
• 4 oz. of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
• 1 Cup of Cooked Minute Rice
• 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
• 2 Cups of Mixed Greens (Spring Mix)
• 1/4 Cup of Black Beans
• 1/4 Cup of Cooked Corn (Drained or Grilled)
• 2 Tbsp of Greek Yogurt
• Cilantro (For Topping)
• Salt & Pepper, To Taste
For the Chicken Marinade:
• 2 tsp of Your Favorite Seasoning Blend (Southwest or Chipotle tastes amazing)
• Pinch of Salt & Pepper
• 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
• Chopped Cilantro
• Hot Sauce
• Pico de Gallo
• Jalapeño Coins
• Lime Wedge
• Greek Yogurt Dollop
• 1/2 Avocado, Sliced
1. First, grab the chicken breast and place it in a large, sealable plastic bag with all of the marinade ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
2. Place a skillet on the stovetop and bring it to a medium to high heat. Once hot, place the chicken breast on the skillet to cook for 5-7 minutes on each side or until it's cooked all the way through (absolutely no pink).
3. While the chicken is cooking, place the cooked minute rice in a bowl, adding the lime juice, salt, pepper, and some cilantro to taste.
4. Once the chicken is fully cooked, remove it from the skillet and let it cool on a plate while you get started on the greens.
5. Take a few handfuls of the spring mix and place it in a medium to large bowl.
6. From here, take half of the cilantro lime rice and add it to the bowl with the spring mix. In addition to that, add the corn and black beans to the bowl as well.
7. Next, it's time to slice the chicken breast! Set the bowl to the side and slice the chicken to your liking. Add it to the bowl when you're done.
8. Add any toppings you like and enjoy!
Macros Per Serving:
Looking For More Recipes or Help?
If you're looking for more healthy recipes, nutrition tips, or anything else ... reach out to us! Our Customer Service team of NASM Certified Personal Trainers and Nutrition Coaches is happy to help ... free of charge! Just give us a call at 1-800-409-9732 or send us an email at CustomerService@1stPhorm.com.