by Will Grumke September 01, 2022 2 min read
Do you like donuts? I love them.
I can't say I've met very many people who don't.
Now, do I eat donuts? Not very often.
Donuts are high in sugar, fat, and calories, making it hard for me to really justify eating them consistently as a part of my healthy lifestyle.
I'm not saying it's bad to have a donut or some sweets from time to time...
But the macros do make it difficult.
...and while I do believe the hunt for the perfect healthy donut recipe is still underway...
I was able to come up with a simple, low-calorie donut recipe that carries much less guilt than an actual donut.
If you ever find yourself cravings something sweet, give this a try!
Servings: 12 (1 Donut = 1 Serving)
For this recipe, you will need a donut pan or a donut maker. For the sake of keeping it simple, I'll assume you'll be using a pan and oven for this recipe.
1. Preheat the oven to 350℉. Grease a 12-count donut pan with cooking spray and set it aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine the Level-1, self-rising flour, cocoa powder, and sugar alternative. After you've mixed them well, add the avocado oil and almond milk. If your batter is too thick, add a tbsp of milk at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
3. Transfer your donut batter into a large ziplock bag and cut one corner to make a piping bag to distribute the batter evenly amongst your donut pan.
4. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until you can poke the donuts with a toothpick and it comes out clean.
5. While your donuts are baking, mix all of the ingredients for your glaze into a bowl until it's well combined. If the glaze is too thick, add a splash of milk at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
6. Let the donuts cool for 10 minutes, then top with your glaze.
If you're looking for more healthy recipes, nutrition tips, or anything else ... reach out to us! Our Customer Service team of NASM Certified Personal Trainers and Nutrition Coaches is happy to help ... all for free! Just give us a call at 1-800-409-9732 or send us an email at CustomerService@1stPhorm.com.
NASM Certified Personal Trainer, NASM Certified Nutrition Coach, NASM Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist, NASM Certified Weight Loss Specialist, NASM Certified Behavioral Change Specialist, NASM VCS Virtual Coaching Specialist, CrossFit Level 1 Trainer