When you're always working hard on your fitness goals and sticking to a strict eating regimen ... sometimes the cravings can get out of hand.
Everybody has different cravings too. For some, it could be cake ... for others, it could be pizza.
I can't by any means say I have a favorite, but I am certainly a fan of chocolate.
While most of the time I'm able to tackle my cravings with a chocolate-flavored shake or bar ... sometimes I just want something a little more rich.
That's when I decided to break out my favorite protein brownie recipe. No, the macros aren't perfect ... but they are certainly a heck of a lot better than a real brownie.
At 11 grams of protein a brownie and only 214 calories ... who knows, you may have just found one of your new favorite protein recipe to whip up when the cravings hit you too!
- 1 Cup of 1st Phorm Brownie Batter Nut Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup of Sugar-free Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Scoop of Level-1 Milk Chocolate
- 1/4 Cup of Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Tsp of Salt
- 1 Tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup of Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8 baking pan or line it with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, nut butter, almond milk, sugar-free maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
3. Next, add the Level-1, cocoa powder, sea salt, and baking powder into the mixing bowl and stir until combined. If you notice your batter is a bit dry, add one tbsp of almond milk at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
4. Finally, gently fold your chocolate chips in with the batter.
5. Pour your mixture into the pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until your brownies are set completely. You can test this by sticking a toothpick in the center and seeing if it comes out clean.
6. To wrap it up, cut the brownie into 12 even-sized pieces. This recipe can be stored in an airtight container for 5-7 days!
Macros Per Serving:
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES OR HELP?
If you're looking for more healthy recipes, nutrition tips, or anything else ... reach out to us! Our Customer Service team of NASM Certified Personal Trainers and Nutrition Coaches is happy to help ... all for free! Just give us a call at 1-800-409-9732 or send us an email at CustomerService@1stPhorm.com.