by Will Grumke May 01, 2022 2 min read
Birthday party? Family celebration? Holidays? Special event?
Break out the protein cupcakes! Yes, these are actual high-protein cupcakes. For a cupcake, I would say 17g of protein and only 263 calories is pretty killer.
Now, fair warning, I don't condone this as your everyday protein snack. I'd much rather see you strive to get a complete protein source through whole food, and a healthy carb to pair with it ... but this recipe can certainly be a better option than a normal cupcake when it comes to your nutrition plan and goals.
Heck, if you have kids ... maybe these protein cupcakes are how you get them to start eating more protein.
Whatever your reason for trying them may be, I know you're going to love them.
So let's get into the recipe...
Servings: 6 (1 Cupcake = 1 Serving)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
For this recipe, you'll need a muffin/cupcake pan or cups to bake with.
1. Preheat the oven to 325℉
2. We'll start by making the icing. In a bowl, mix the cream cheese with the non-fat greek yogurt until smooth.
3. Add in the Level-1 and sugar substitute next, and mix it in.
4. Refrigerate to cool and set.
5. While your icing is cooling, combine the egg whites, oil, and yogurt together in a new bowl, then mix until smooth.
6. Add the remaining cupcake ingredients to the bowl with the eggs, oil and yogurt. Mix it up until the batter is thick and smooth.
7. Divide the batter between 6 muffin cups. You can do more or less, however that can manipulate the baking time and macros.
8. Bake for about 20 minutes until you can stick a toothpick in and it comes out clean.
9. Let the cupcakes cool for 10-15 minutes before adding the icing.
If you're looking for more healthy recipes, nutrition tips, or anything else ... reach out to us! Our Customer Service team of NASM Certified Personal Trainers and Nutrition Coaches is happy to help ... for free! Just give us a call at 1-800-409-9732 or send us an email at CustomerService@1stPhorm.com.
NASM Certified Personal Trainer, NASM Certified Nutrition Coach, NASM Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist, NASM Certified Weight Loss Specialist, NASM Certified Behavioral Change Specialist, NASM VCS Virtual Coaching Specialist, CrossFit Level 1 Trainer