If you are looking for a well-rounded meal to cook up for the whole family, don't worry ... I've got you covered. You can even make it for yourself as an awesome alternative to your normal meal prep.
This unstuffed pepper casserole has been one of my go-to recipes lately. I have a feeling you'll know exactly why after your first bite too!
Give it a try and tell me it's not delicious...
Unstuffed Pepper Casserole
• 1lb of 90% Lean Ground Beef
• 4 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
• 2 Green Bell Peppers, Chopped
• 1/2 Onion, Medium, Diced
• 1 Red Bell Pepper, Chopped
• 1 (14.5oz) Can of Diced Tomatoes
• 1 Small Zucchini, Chopped
• 1 (8oz) Can of Tomato Sauce
• 3 tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce
• 1.5 Cups of Rice
• 3/4 Cup of Mozzarella Cheese
• Salt & Pepper to Taste
1. Place a pot of water on the stove and heat the water to boiling.
2. Once the water is boiling, dump in the rice and prepare it according to the directions. Place to the side when it's done.
3. Place a skillet on the stovetop and bring it to a medium heat.
4. While the skillet is warming up, dice the onions and chop the peppers into 1-inch bite-sized pieces. Set the onions and peppers aside.
5. Mince the garlic as well and set it to the side.
6. Slice the zucchini into 1/2-inch rounds, cut the rounds into fourths, and set it to the side as well.
7. Once the skillet is ready, toss in the ground beef and cook until slightly browned.
8. While the meat continues to cook, add the peppers and onions to the skillet, stirring occasionally. Do this for 3-4 minutes.
9. Add the garlic and zucchini and cook for another 2 minutes.
10. Next, add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, and some salt and pepper to taste. Reduce the heat to low, add the mozzarella cheese on top, and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
11. Remove the skillet from the stovetop and set it to the side.
12. Divide the rice and skillet contents evenly between 4 bowls to serve! You can also divide them between meal prep containers and place them in the fridge if you plan to enjoy them later or throughout the week. They will last in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Macros Per Serving:
Looking For More Recipes or Help?
If you're looking for more healthy recipes, nutrition tips, or anything else ... reach out to us! Our Customer Service team of NASM Certified Personal Trainers and Nutrition Coaches is happy to help ... free of charge! Just give us a call at 1-800-409-9732 or send us an email at CustomerService@1stPhorm.com.ABOUT THE AUTHOR