Vanilla Almond Protein Bars from Emily Frisella of Fit Home & Health!
– 3/4C Old Fashioned Oats
– 1C Level-1 Vanilla Ice Cream
– 1/2C Chopped Almonds
– 1/2C Nonfat dry milk
– 1/4C Natural Peanut Butter
– 2T Vanilla Extract
– 1/3C Water
-Mix all dry ingredients in bowl. Mix in peanut butter. (Dough will be crumbly) Stir in vanilla extract & water.
– Press dough into a nonstick loaf pan.
– Cover with plastic wrap & put in the freezer for an hour or the fridge for 3-4 hours to set .
– Cut into 9 bars and wrap individually in wax paper then place in sandwich baggies or wrap in foil.
*The wax paper keeps them from sticking to the foil and also serves as a great wrapper when you eat them on the go to keep your hands clean.
– Store in the fridge until ready to eat.
Nutrition per bar:
Nutrition per square if cut into 36 bite sized squares (as shown)
In today’s world, we hear this all the time… increasing your protein intake can help you lose fat. While this is true in some degrees, it may not be in the way you might think. Does protein burn fat? Let’s dig into this a bit and […]
How often have you started a new fitness plan with the best of intentions, only to fall back into old habits within a few weeks?
We all have goals that we are striving to achieve, and it can be disappointing when you feel that you are coming up short while other people are succeeding.
What’s the difference between you and the inspirational before and after photos that you see online?
In many cases, it only takes a few small tweaks to your mindset and daily habits to get the results that you want [ ... ]