by admin March 02, 2016 1 min read
Vanilla Almond Protein Bars from Emily Frisella of Fit Home & Health!
– 3/4C Old Fashioned Oats
– 1C Level-1 Vanilla Ice Cream
– 1/2C Chopped Almonds
– 1/2C Nonfat dry milk
– 1/4C Natural Peanut Butter
– 2T Vanilla Extract
– 1/3C Water
-Mix all dry ingredients in bowl. Mix in peanut butter. (Dough will be crumbly) Stir in vanilla extract & water.
– Press dough into a nonstick loaf pan.
– Cover with plastic wrap & put in the freezer for an hour or the fridge for 3-4 hours to set .
– Cut into 9 bars and wrap individually in wax paper then place in sandwich baggies or wrap in foil.
*The wax paper keeps them from sticking to the foil and also serves as a great wrapper when you eat them on the go to keep your hands clean.
– Store in the fridge until ready to eat.
Nutrition per bar:
Nutrition per square if cut into 36 bite sized squares (as shown)