Eating healthy meals is a non-negotiable when it comes to whipping your body into shape and becoming the best version of yourself … but when people hear “healthy food” or dieting, they usually hear “no carbs, no sugar, and no flavor.”
However, that's not necessarily true or an effective plan to reach your goals long-term. Healthy food can be just as enticing if you know what to make, how to prepare it, and how to balance your meals.
That’s why these banana protein muffins are going to change your life … trust me, they are good. Plus, aside from their amazing flavor, you’re going to get a solid batch of protein that will enhance your workouts and give your body the energy it needs to perform at its best.
These all-natural alternatives to preservative-packed muffins make for a great snack or a quick-and-easy meal … for some people, they’re more like a dessert!
They are so straightforward you don’t even need flour.
Not to mention, you can make a bunch in a batch or two, so you’re going to save time in the kitchen, too.
Especially if you’re trying to kick it into gear, hit the gym, and eat right, don’t pass up on these moist, fluffy banana protein muffins!
Servings: 12 (1 Serving = 1 Muffin)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 400℉.
2. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or grease well with coconut oil or butter.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together oat bran, protein powder, baking powder and cinnamon; and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, mix the mashed bananas, applesauce, greek yogurt, egg whites, and vanilla extract together until well combined and smooth.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix them until fully combined.
6. Let the batter sit for two minutes to thicken a bit.
7. Divide the batter evenly into 12 muffin cups and bake for 15 minutes. You should be able to stick a toothpick in and pull it out clean if it's fully cooked.
8. Transfer the muffin tin to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes, then remove muffins from the tin and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
If you're looking for more healthy recipes, nutrition tips, or anything else ... reach out to us! Our Customer Service team of NASM Certified Personal Trainers and Nutrition Coaches is happy to help ... all for free! Just give us a call at 1-800-409-9732 or send us an email at CustomerService@1stPhorm.com.