Macro-friendly buffalo chicken mac 'n cheese? Yes please!
With 34 grams of protein, and only 6 grams of fat, this recipe will help you stay on track, reach your goals, and curb that comfort food craving.
It could also be the perfect addition to your weekly meal prep rotation!
Buffalo Chicken Mac 'N Cheese
Servings: 6 (1 Serving = 1.5 Cups)
• 8 oz Barilla Protein Plus Elbows
• 1lb 98% Lean Ground Chicken
• 1 Medium (250g) Yellow Onion, diced
• 1 Tbsp (15g) Garlic, minced
• 1 Tbsp Ranch Seasoning
• 1/3 Cup (80g) Buffalo Sauce
• 1 Cup (227g) Fat-Free Greek Yogurt
• 1/2 Cup (56g) Parmesan Cheese
• 3/4 Cup (84g) Fat-Free Shredded Cheddar Cheese
• Green Onion
• Hot Sauce
• Dried Parsley
• Greek Yogurt Based Ranch
1. Bring a pot of salted water to boiling. Once boiling, toss in the pasta and cook for 5 minutes. Once finished, drain the pasta and set to the side.
2. Add the ground chicken, onion, and garlic to a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until no pink remains, about 8 minutes. Add the ranch seasoning and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the buffalo sauce to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes until the mixture begins to thicken. While the sauce thickens, mix the greek yogurt and parmesan cheese in a separate bowl.
4. Reduce the heat on the skillet to low, and mix in the greek yogurt and parmesan cheese. Stir the contents of the skillet together, then mix in the cooked pasta.
5. Top the pasta mixture with the shredded cheddar cheese and bring the heat to high. Let the dish cook for another 5 minutes, stirring frequently to fully melt the cheese.
6. Remove the pasta from the skillet and serve it with any optional toppings you like! This makes 6 servings, so feel free to store some of the pasta in the fridge to reheat and enjoy later as well.
Macros Per Serving:
Looking For More Recipes or Help?
If you're looking for more healthy recipes, nutrition tips, or anything else ... reach out to us! Our Customer Service team of NASM Certified Personal Trainers and Nutrition Coaches is happy to help ... for free! Just give us a call at 1-800-409-9732 or send us an email at CustomerService@1stPhorm.com.