German Chocolate Granola Bars
Who else is sick of the absurd prices they're charging for granola and protein bars? I know I am. On top of that, most of the bars you'll find on the market are either low in protein, or low in protein quality. Today, I wanted to change that by making my very own granola bars: German Chocolate to be exact.
German chocolate granola bars are surprisingly easy to make! Start with toasting the oats and coconut for 5 minutes. Next, mix together all the other ingredients before adding the oats and coconut in. Then bake the bars in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, cool, cut, and enjoy!
These German chocolate granola bars are nutritious too! They contain about 17 grams of protein and 6 grams of fiber. A lot of this protein is thanks to Level 1 German Chocolate Cake. A few scoops of this protein powder adds not only protein but that chocolate coconut flavor you love to your homemade chocolate granola bar.
Heaven forbid you are not a fan of coconut or shredded coconut, you can swap out and substitute it for a different ingredient. For example, you could add nuts, dried fruit, or caramel to your German chococlate granola bar. Get creative and customize your granola bars to make them your own.
German Chocolate Cake Granola Bars
Servings: 12 (1 Serving = 1 Granola Bar)
- 2 Scoops Level 1 German Chocolate Cake
- 2 Cups of Oats
- 1/2 Cup of Shredded Coconut
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp of Vanilla
- 1/4 Cup of Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2 Tbsp of Cocoa Powder
- 1/8 Cup of Honey
- 1/8 Cup of Sugar-Free Syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 350℉.
2. While the oven is preheating, grab a baking sheet and place the oats and coconut together on the sheet.
3. Put the oats and coconut in the oven for 5 minutes to give them a golden color and roasted taste.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine the Level-1, egg, vanilla, honey, cocoa, sugar-free syrup, and chocolate chips to mix together.
5. Allow the toasted oats and coconut to cool before you begin to mix them with the protein.
6. Spray some PAM on a baking pan and scoop your mix into the pan.
7. Sprinkle some coconut flakes on top and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes at 350℉. If you like your bars super crunchy ... bake them for 15 minutes.
8. Let the bars cool for before cutting them into 12 evenly-sized bars.
Macros Per Serving:
Looking For More Recipes or Help?
If you're looking for more healthy recipes, nutrition tips, or anything else ... reach out to us! Our Customer Service team of NASM Certified Personal Trainers and Nutrition Coaches is happy to help ... all for free! Just give us a call at 1-800-409-9732 or send us an email at CustomerService@1stPhorm.com.