Nothing hits the spot quite like a milkshake, right?
The problem is, most milkshakes are stuffed with ice cream, sugars, and empty calories. So it's hard to enjoy a delicious milkshake and not have to worry about its impact on your health.
This chocolate strawberry protein milkshake is made from protein powder so you can get the nutrients your body needs with the same delicious chocolate and strawberry flavor you crave. It also uses real strawberries and Arctic Zero Strawberry Ice Cream so you get the sweet and fruity flavor!
This milkshake is something sweet you can have from time to time without having to stress about getting in the way of your fitness goals.
This recipe comes directly from Emily at Fit Home & Health.
CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY PROTEIN MILKSHAKE RECIPE
Prep Time: 2 Minutes
- 1 Cup of Arctic Zero Strawberry Ice Cream
- 1/2 Cup of Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 Scoop of 1st Phorm Level-1 Strawberry Milkshake
- 3 Fresh strawberries
- 2 Tbsp Walden Farms Chocolate Dipping Sauce
- 2 Tbsp of Skinny TruWhip topping
1. In a blender, combine the ice cream, coconut milk, Level-1, and blend until well combined.
2. Next, add the fresh strawberries to the blender and pulse for 5-6 seconds until the strawberries are diced up and mixed.
3. Pour half of the milkshake in a glass and top it with 1 tbsp of the chocolate sauce.
4. Add the remaining half of the milkshake, top it with the remaining tablespoon of chocolate sauce, then add the dollop of Skinny TruWhip topping.
Macros Per Serving:
Want to Make the Chocolate Strawberry Milkshake Your Own?
Here are a few customization ideas for you:
- Blending with ice cubes can be a good idea, but if you want to make it even creamier, freeze almond milk into ice cubes and blend those instead!
- Switch out the strawberry ice cream for a different fruit ice cream of your choice — blackberry, raspberry, etc.
- Add in banana chunks for a strawberry-banana combo
- Chia or flax seeds can also add a super fun texture to your milkshake
Looking For More Recipes or Help?
If you're looking for more healthy recipes, nutrition tips, or anything else ... reach out to us! Our Customer Service team of NASM Certified Personal Trainers and Nutrition Coaches is happy to help ... all for free! Just give us a call at 1-800-409-9732 or send us an email at CustomerService@1stPhorm.com.