If you love pizza, you should eat pizza! But, it's not the best choice when it comes to reaching your health and fitness goals. Between the dough, cheese, sauce, and toppings, we're talking about quite a bit of calories from fat and carbs.
But nobody said you can't make a homemade pizza that can fit your diet and help you reach your goals! If you like buffalo chicken as much as I do ... this is your recipe.
I just put together a macro-friendly buffalo chicken pizza that has an incredible 46 grams of protein per serving! I've personally never seen anything better.
All you really need is some greek yogurt, chicken, low-fat cheese, flour, buffalo sauce, and an oven. So let's dive into the recipe...
Macro-Friendly Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Servings: 2 (1 Serving = 1/2 Pizza)
For the Dough
• 1/2 Cup of Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
• 1/2 Cup of Self-Rising Flour
For the Sauce
• 1/4 Cup of Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
• 2 Tbsp of Buffalo Sauce
• 4oz of Cooked Chicken (Shredded)
• 1 Cup of Kraft Fat-Free Cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Put the dough ingredients in a large bowl and mix them together. If the dough is sticky ... add some more flour and keep mixing.
3. Coat a cutting board or surface with some extra flour to roll out the dough. Start by rolling the dough into a ball, then roll it out to your desired size and shape.
4. Place the dough on a sheet pan and put it in the oven for 8 minutes at 425°F.
5. While the dough is baking, add the sauce ingredients into a bowl and mix them thoroughly.
6. When the dough is done baking, remove it from the oven to top it with the sauce, followed by the cheese and shredded chicken.
7. Place the pizza back in the oven for 12 minutes at 425°F.
8. When the pizza is done baking, let it sit for a few minutes before cutting and serving!
Macros Per Serving:
Looking For More Recipes or Help?
If you're looking for more healthy recipes, nutrition tips, or anything else ... reach out to us! Our Customer Service team of NASM Certified Personal Trainers and Nutrition Coaches is happy to help ... for free! Just give us a call at 1-800-409-9732 or send us an email at CustomerService@1stPhorm.com.ABOUT THE AUTHOR