A lot of protein bars and energy bars on the market are loaded with nuts.
Seriously ... it's like every bar has either peanuts, almonds, or some other nut. This obviously puts those with nut allergies or sensitivities in a tough spot.
That's why I wanted to put together an easy and delicious energy bar recipe for those of us who can't enjoy most protein or energy bars...
Nut-Free Energy Bars
Servings: 9 (1 Serving = 1 Bar)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 2 Cups of Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 2 Scoops of Level-1 Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1/4 Cup of Flax Meal
- 1/4 Cup of All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup of Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/4 Cup of Honey
- 1 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup of Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp of Salt
- 1 Tsp of Cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350℉ and line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, Level-1, flax meal, flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the apple sauce, honey, and vanilla.
4. Combine both of the mixtures together to mix thoroughly.
5. Add chocolate chips to the mixture and fold them in.
6. Spread the mixture into your lined baking pan and press down firmly with your hands to evenly disperse it in the pan.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
8. Let it cool for 5-10 minutes before cutting and serving! To meet the serving size, cut out 9 evenly-sized bars.
Macros Per Serving:
Looking For More Recipes or Help?
If you're looking for more healthy recipes, nutrition tips, or anything else ... reach out to us! Our Customer Service team of NASM Certified Personal Trainers and Nutrition Coaches is happy to help ... all for free! Just give us a call at 1-800-409-9732 or send us an email at CustomerService@1stPhorm.com.ABOUT THE AUTHOR