Who doesn't love french toast? In my opinion, I think it's better than both waffles AND pancakes.
That's right, I said it! But seriously ... with french toast, you can get super creative.
I'm not talking about creative by decorating it with a bunch of powdered sugar, whipped cream, chocolate syrup, or any other nonsense either.
I'm talking about making some tasty and macro-friendly french toast that can fit in your nutrition plan. This recipe in particular I know you're going to love!
Each slice gives you 15 grams of protein, 23 grams of carbs, and only 4 grams of fat! So let's dive into the recipe...
PROTEIN FRENCH TOAST
Servings: 6 (1 Serving = 1 Piece of Toast)
Prep Time: 2 Minutes
Cook Time: 6 Minutes
- 6 Slices of White Bread
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Egg Whites
- 2 Tbsp of Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 Tbsp of Vanilla Extract
- 2 Scoops of Level-1 Cinnamon Cookie Batter
- Cooking Spray
Optional Toppings (Excluded from Macros):
- Sugar-Free Syrup
- Fresh Berries
1. In a large bowl, combine all of your ingredients (minus the bread and cooking spray) and whisk them together well.
2. Dip the bread into the mixture, ensuring each slice is soaked through. Repeat the process until all 6 pieces are soaked with your mixture.
3. Coat the pan with cooking spray and place it over a medium heat.
4. Once the pan is hot, add the bread slices to the pan. Cook each slice for about 4-5 minutes, flipping halfway through.
5. Once done, serve immediately with your desired toppings!
Macros Per Serving:
Looking For More Recipes Or Help?
If you're looking for more healthy recipes, nutrition tips, or anything else ... reach out to us! Our Customer Service team of NASM Certified Personal Trainers and Nutrition Coaches is happy to help ... all for free! Just give us a call at 1-800-409-9732 or send us an email at CustomerService@1stPhorm.com.