After far too many failed attempts ... I've finally perfected what I think is the best protein muffin recipe of all time.
Now, allow me to clarify ... I couldn't get the macros to be perfect. Each muffin comes in at around 9 grams of protein, 11 grams of carbs, and 11 grams of fat.
So, if you're looking to make this recipe work for your fitness goals ... you may consider pairing it with a high-quality protein source.
On the other hand, these muffins are definitely a low-guilt option you can use to replace normal muffins, or any other sugary baked goods.
Just wait until you try these!
Servings: 12 (1 Muffin = 1 Serving)
- 2 Scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream Level-1
- 1 Tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup of Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup of 1st Phorm Honey Butter
- 2 Cups of Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/2 Cup of Sugar-free Chocolate Chips
For this recipe, you will need a muffin tin.
1. Preheat the oven to 350℉. Either grease your muffin tin or use liners.
2. Mix the level-1, baking powder, and almond flour in a large bowl.
3. Once mixed, add the nut butter and applesauce to the bowl and mix until well combined.
4. Add the chocolate chips to the batter and mix them in as well.
5. Divide your batter evenly between your muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes. You'll know your muffins are done by sticking a toothpick in and seeing if it comes out cleanly.
6. Remove the muffins from the tin and allow them to cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes before serving.
7. These muffins can be stored in an airtight container for up to 7 days!
Macros Per Serving:
Looking For More Recipes or Help?
If you're looking for more healthy recipes, nutrition tips, or anything else ... reach out to us! Our Customer Service team of NASM Certified Personal Trainers and Nutrition Coaches is happy to help ... all for free! Just give us a call at 1-800-409-9732 or send us an email at CustomerService@1stPhorm.com.