With Halloween just a couple days away, we wanted to share our fun cake pop recipe to help satisfy your sweet tooth, while still getting some protein in with each delicious serving! We included the macros for you as well, so you’ll be able to work these into your plan!
Check out the recipe below, and enjoy!
Fall Cake Pops With Pumpkin Spice
Servings: 65 (1 Serving = 1 Cake Pop)
For the Cake:
- 2 Boxes of Swerve Yellow Cake Mix
- Vegetable Oil
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Can of Pumpkin Puree (15oz)
- 4 Tbsp of Pumpkin Spice
For the Frosting:
- 12 Scoops of Level-1 Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 2 Boxes of Sugar-Free Cheesecake Pudding Mix
- 2 Tbsp of Pumpkin Spice
- 3 Tbsp of Swerve Confectioners Sugar
- Corn Starch
- Candy Melts (Your Color of Choice)
- Crisco (We used this to thin our candy melts. You may or may no need it based on what brand melts you use).
- Cake Pop Sticks
1. Make both cake mixes as per instructions. Substitute any water for a can of pumpkin puree, and add in 4 tbsp pumpkin spice. Bake through as specified until testing fork comes out clean. Let cool in pan until you are able to safely touch it.
2. Once the cake is cooled, peel off the hard outer edges and eat or dispose of them. Crumble the remainder of the cake with your hands.
3. In separate bowl, whisk together the pudding mixes, 2 tbsp of pumpkin spice and 3 tbsp of confectioners sugar. Once combined, add water and continue to mix until it develops a frosting-like consistency.
4. In mixer, or by hand, combine the cake crumbles and all of the frosting mixture. Once combined, continue to add the Level-1 Pumpkin Spice Latte one scoop at a time. This dough will be EXTREMELY sticky as it combines. Once all the protein has been added, leave it in the mixing bowl and place it in the fridge or freezer to stiffen and be easier to work with.
5. Remove the batter from the fridge. Wrap your scale in a piece of parchment paper (easier to weigh). Place a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet as well. Spray your hands with non-stick cooking spray so they are lightly shiny. You will have to reapply to hands throughout this process. Then, weigh the dough into 1 oz blobs, and plop onto parchment paper with small amount of space in between.
6. Once you have 1 oz dough balls, grease hands, and begin to roll all blobs into balls. Once rolled, lightly dust the balls in corn starch and re-roll them. This will make it MUCH easier to work with later. Once all the dough is rolled, place them back into the fridge.
7. Create a double boiler on the stove and begin to warm the candy melts until they are fully melted. If you need to thin out the melts ... add small amounts of crisco and mix it together until it's the right consistency to dip cake pops in.
8. When the chocolate is ready to go, take the cake pops out of the fridge, put a cake pop stick in each one, then dip them into the melted chocolate one at a time.
9. Place the cake pops back on the cookie sheet and place them in the fridge to harden the chocolate.
Macros Per Serving:
Looking For More Recipes or Help?
If you're looking for more healthy recipes, nutrition tips, or anything else ... reach out to us! Our Customer Service team of NASM Certified Personal Trainers and Nutrition Coaches is happy to help ... all for free! Just give us a call at 1-800-409-9732 or send us an email at CustomerService@1stPhorm.com.