by 1st Phorm October 29, 2021 2 min read
With Halloween just a couple days away, we wanted to share a fun cake pop recipe to help satisfy your sweet tooth, while still getting some protein in with each delicious serving! We included the macros for you as well, so you’ll be able to work these into your plan!
Check out the recipe below, and enjoy!
2 boxes Swerve Yellow Cake Mix
1 can Pumpkin Puree (15 oz)
4 tbsp Pumpkin Spice
12 scoops Level-1 Pumpkin Spice Latte
2 boxes Sugar-Free Cheesecake Pudding Mix
2 tbsp Pumpkin Spice
3 tbsp Swerve Confectioners Sugar
Candy Melts (colors of choice)
Crisco (used to thin our candy melts only - may or may not need based on what brand melts you use)
**Optional: Candy Eyes
1. Make both cake mixes as per instructions. Substitute water for can of pumpkin puree, and add in 4 tbsp pumpkin spice. Bake through as specified until testing fork comes out clean. Let cool in pan until you are able to safely touch it.
2. Once cake is cooled, peel off hard outer edges and eat or dispose. With remaining cake, crumble with hands.
3. In separate bowl, whisk together pudding mixes, 2 tbsp pumpkin spice and 3 tbsp confectioners sugar. Once combined, add water and continue to mix until it develops a frosting-like consistency.
4. In mixer, or by hand, combine cake crumbles and all of frosting mixture. Once combined, continue to add the Level-1 Pumpkin Spice Latte one scoop at a time. This dough will be EXTREMELY sticky as it combines. Once all protein has been added, leave in mixing bowl and place in fridge or freezer to stiffen and be easier to work with.
5. Remove batter from fridge. Wrap your scale in a piece of parchment paper (easier to weigh). Place a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet as well. Spray your hands with non-stick cooking spray so they are lightly shiny. You will have to reapply to hands throughout this process. Then, weigh the dough into 1 oz blobs, and plop onto parchment paper with small amount of space in between.
6. Once you have 1 oz dough balls, grease hands, and begin to roll all blobs into balls. Once rolled, lightly dust in corn starch and re-roll. This will make it MUCH easier to work with later. Once all dough is rolled, place back into fridge.
7. Create double boiler on stove and begin to warm candy melts until fully melted. If you need to thin out the melts, add small amounts of Crisco and mix together until correct consistency to dip cake pops in. Once fully melted, remove pops from fridge and one at a time, dip a cake pop stick into melted chocolate and place directly into each pop. Let harden in fridge between steps. Once stick is hardened into place, remove from fridge and coat entire pop. Decorate as desired.