We all love a good stuffed potato. The problem is, the combination of sour cream, bacon, and cheese is certainly not great for reaching your health and fitness goals.
The good news is, you can still enjoy stuffed potatoes and see results. With this high-protein recipe, you'll be able to enjoy a delicious turkey-stuffed sweet potato any day of the week.
Each stuffed potato has 23 grams of protein and only 277 calories!
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Servings: 4 (1 Serving = 1 Stuffed Potato)
• 4 Sweet Potatoes
• 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
• 1 Red Onion, Chopped
• 1 Pound of Ground Turkey
• 1 1/2 Teaspoon of Dried Oregano
• 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
• 4 Cups of Baby Spinach
• 1 Cup of Marinara Sauce
• 1 Cup of Shredded Fat-Free Mozzarella
• 1/4 Cup of Basil, Chopped
1. Pierce the sweet potatoes all over with a fork and microwave them on a microwave-safe plate for 8 minutes.
2. After 8 minutes, turn the potatoes over and continue microwaving for 8-10 minutes. You'll know when they're done if you can poke them with a fork with no resistance.
3. Coat a large pan with the tablespoon of olive oil and place it on the stove top over medium-high heat.
4. Add the chopped red onion, ground turkey, oregano, and salt to the pan and cook until the turkey is no longer pink.
5. Add the spinach and marinara to the pan. Cook until the spinach is wilted and the mixture is simmering.
6. Stir in 3/4 cup of the shredded fat-free mozzarella and the basil.
7. Once the cheese and basil are mixed in, split the potatoes open with a knife and squeeze the sides to open them up like a hoagie bun.
8. Use a fork to break up the inside of the sweet potatoes before spooning the mixture into the potatoes and topping them with the remaining 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese.
Macros Per Serving:
Looking For More Recipes or Help?
If you're looking for more healthy recipes, nutrition tips, or anything else ... reach out to us! Our Customer Service team of NASM Certified Personal Trainers and Nutrition Coaches is happy to help ... all for free! Just give us a call at 1-800-409-9732 or send us an email at CustomerService@1stPhorm.com.ABOUT THE AUTHOR