For the longest time, I never got creative with my meals and just cooked your typical bodybuilding staples for the week: plain chicken breasts, brown rice, baked tilapia and ground turkey. BORING!
I almost always found myself tempted to cheat on my diet since I had set up such a bland eating plan for myself!
While off work for maternity leave, I have been experimenting in the kitchen and come up with some new and exciting recipes that have made eating clean much more tasty!
Here are two of those recipes:
The first recipe is “Turkey Meatloaf Muffins”. I have to give credit to the fitness model, Jamie Eason, who came up with this recipe. I make four muffin tins of these every weekend and I have to hide them from my husband and his friends because they can’t keep their hands off of them! I like to warm them up and dip them in low-sugar ketchup.
Servings: 10 (1 Serving = 1 Turkey Muffin)
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Bake Time: 40 Minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 375℉.
2. Spray a muffin tin with a non-stick spray.
3. Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl. Starting with the dry ingredients will help you get the best results. After mixing the dry ingredients, add the turkey and egg whites and mix with your hands.
4. Roll the turkey mixture into 10 evenly-sized turkey balls.
5. Transfer the turkey balls to the muffin tin and bake them for 40 minutes.
The next recipe is “Cilantro Lime Marinated Tilapia”. I have a love/hate relationship with tilapia. I have always hated eating it, but I love what it does for my body. Tilapia is one of the lowest calorie lean proteins that you can eat. I have never dieted for a competition without it! Unfortunately, I also used to eat it with my fingers pinching my nose! Not anymore with this tasty recipe!
Servings: 8 (1 Serving = 4 oz Piece of Tilapia)
Prep Time: 10 Minutes (NEEDS TO MARINATE OVERNIGHT)
Bake Time: 18 Minutes
1. Blend all of the ingredients together, except the tilapia, in a mixing bowl.
2. Place the tilapia in a container.
3. Pour the mixture over the tilapia and let it marinate in the fridge overnight. Make sure to cover the container.
4. Remove the tilapia from the sauce and either broil each side for 4 minutes or bake it in the oven at 375℉ for 18 minutes.
If you're looking for more healthy recipes, nutrition tips, or anything else ... reach out to us! Our Customer Service team of NASM Certified Personal Trainers and Nutrition Coaches is happy to help ... all for free! Just give us a call at 1-800-409-9732 or send us an email at CustomerService@1stPhorm.com.