So many people make the excuse that they don’t have “time” to eat properly or workout. I’m a full time Registered Nurse, father and husband and believe me, if you have the desire for something, you will make the time. Here are my top 5 time saving strategies to help you reach your goals in 2011!
1) Prepare your meals ahead of time: If you have read any of my previous blog entries, you know I often cook many pounds of meat all at once in order to prepare my weekly meals. This is a very effective and time-saving way of keeping your diet clean- instead of cooking every single day, why not prepare food in bulk and save yourself some time! In the summer, I like to barbeque my meat in bulk so that I have enough food for 3-4 days of meals. I also cook some potatoes or rice at the same time and I’m set. Since its become so cold outside, I haven’t been able to use the grill so I have recently become a fan of the Flavor Wave Oven. A buddy of mine told me that he had one and told me how quick and easy it was to make a whole meal in a short period of time. I decided to give it a try. It didn’t hurt that the product is endorsed by Mr. T. As we all know: He’s the man! The Flavor Wave Oven cooks food up to three times faster using infrared heat and convection cooking, locking the flavor in. My wife was pretty skeptical when I first got this oven but I made her a steak and a potato in it and she loved it! I will often make 4-5 filet’s at a time and because you can cook food on a two tiered surface, I can also cook some potato’s at the same time. And the best part- the clean up is super easy! You can find a link to learn more about it HERE.
2) Get a 6 pack (the bag): Along with preparing your meals ahead of time, I recommend getting a big cooler to take all of your meals along with you. This not only saves you time, but helps you save money as well! This year I got my hands on this awesome cooler called the “6 pack bag” which is a large cooler with a sturdy frame in the center that holds 3 Tupperware containers. There are compartments on each side that hold a water bottle and a shaker cup and the top compartment even holds supplement pills or nuts. It has really made packing up my food for a long night at work really easy. There are cooler compartments inside the bag that hold ice packs to keep your food cool and fresh! This bag has made it really simple to stay organized during the diet process when preparing for shoes. You can learn more about the 6 Pack Fitness Meal Management System at the link HERE.
3) Choose your workout partners wisely: I generally train with only one workout partner but it’s not uncommon at the gym to see an entourage of four guys coming in to train chest …together. Not only is this an ineffective way of lifting, but this takes a lot more time than is necessary. Don’t get me wrong, the gym is a place for socializing but when I am training, I’m all business. I train with a partner who I know is serious and isn’t going to dick around or chit chat through the entire workout. I can usually get my workouts done in 45 minutes.
4) Have a plan: Whenever I set foot into the gym, I always have a plan as to what body part I am going to attack and the exercises I plan to do. A week ahead of time, I sit down with my calendar and map out which days I am going to train certain body parts. I keep a separate calendar devoted strictly to my training and diet so I can keep track of my workouts. I usually have the actual workouts written down ahead of time and as I drive to the gym, I visualize the workout ahead of me. This is a good way of saving time so that you don’t waste time trying to piece together a workout when you get to the gym. This goes back to that old saying “if you fail to plan, you plan to fail”.
5) Cardio at home: When I am training for a show, I am often required to do cardio for 30 minutes or more, twice a day. There’s almost no way I could make it to the gym twice a day to get the job done with my family and work schedule so we purchased an elliptical and a treadmill that I use to do my cardio sessions at home. I almost never do cardio at the gym anymore since it’s so convenient to do it at home. I save a lot of time in travelling to the gym for that second cardio workout as I simply throw on some gym clothes and sweat it out at home before my family wakes up in the morning. You can get decent quality cardio equipment if you look for a good deal and read the consumer reports. If it’s just for personal use, a home treadmill can be as inexpensive as $500-$600.
I hope you find these tips useful in helping you overcome that age old excuse of “I don’t have time to work out”. It goes without saying that definitely I don’t waste my time on less than superior nutritional supplements and the quality of my workouts and my results from using 1st Phorm products proves it! If you haven’t tried M-Factor Hero yet, you have to get your hands on a bottle of this new product from 1st Phorm. Talk about saving time! M-Factor Hero is a pharmaceutical grade multi-vitamin designed specifically for male athletes. M-Factor Hero puts into one serving what I used to have to take a handful of pills to replicate! If you are a female, check out M-Factor Goddess, which has been specifically formulated for women. I can’t speak for myself, for what are hopefully obvious reasons :), but I can tell you that my wife Gillian loves M-Factor Goddess.
I’m always taking reader questions and feedback- be sure to send your comments and questions to Brett.Becker@1stphorm.com.
Until next time, be consistent and stay balanced!
The post Are You Spinning Your Wheels? 5 Ways to Make Sure You’re Not Wasting Time on Your Fitness Program appeared first on 1st Phorm.
Who wants some absolutely delicious BCAA Popsicles?
Well, Emily Frisella does it again with these delicious treats, just in time for summer ... and aside from the ridiculously good flavor, there are less than 36 calories per popsicle! 😱 [...]
Have you ever heard of digestive enzymes? Do you know what they do?
In this article, we’ll explain what digestive enzymes are and what they do.
We’ll also explain how you could benefit from consuming more of them as well as how they’re different from probiotics. What Are Digestive […]
Are you getting the most out of your workouts, or simply "punching the clock" when you show up at the gym? It's true that any movement is better than no movement, but why not minimize your time investment while maximizing the results that can be achieved?
If you are tired of subpar results from your workouts, then it might be time to [...]